Passing the Test Mentoring Moments, the 1 min blog
I was never a good test taker. I took detailed notes and I studied but when test time came, my mind was ready but my stomach was not. I had physical symptoms of anxiety. So when my team suggested I write about passing the test, I thought oh no!
Here are three things to remember that have helped me pass the tests of faith, character and loyalty.
- God will test you.
- Every test is not the devil; some are from God. Check out Deuteronomy 8:2. God tested Israel as He brought them through the wilderness.
- Faith comes by hearing, but it grows by use.
- I’m not really likely to run a mile unless there’s a big dog chasing me. Likewise, many of us will never really exercise our faith unless we face a test or trail.
- Temptation to sin is never from God.
- According to James chapter 1, our temptation to sin comes from our flesh and carnal nature.
“These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold”. 1 Peter 7 NLT
Success and Progress!