Spirit of Poverty
A spirit of poverty is an enemy to Godly ambition.
Poverty will cause an underachiever to do nothing at all. Like the man who buried his one talent (The Parable of the Talents in Matthew 25:14–30).
Poverty will cause an overachiever to do it all but for all the wrong reasons. Like the rich man who stacked his barns full, ignored the poor and died the next day. (The Parable of the Rich Fool in Luke 12:16-21) .
How do you know if you need to break away from a spirit of poverty? Here are some symptoms.
- Do you often feel “less than” everyone else around you?
- Are you surprised when good things happen to you?
- Do you feel the need to explain your success?
- Do you have difficulty giving or receiving love, compliments, time, gifts or money?
- Do you find it hard to make valuable friendships?
If you answered yes to 3 or more of these, you are in a fight with poverty, a perceived lack.
Begin to shake off that mindset through your connection with God as Father. Ask God to deliver you from poverty and prosper you from the inside out.
Success and Progress!